KITE TEMPLE - Escolas de Kitesurf powered by Opel Astra Sport

Aqui podes ver o que a Kite Temple anda a fazer. Aulas, os alunos, diário... etc etc. Para saberes mais sobre a escola visita o nosso site www.kitetemple.com

21.11.06

Inside the Kite Temple: An Australian on the other side.... (part I)

Early May and the Australian winter was closing in. The clouds were beginning to roll into my home town of Adelaide taking with them my opportunity to kite and putting the pressure on me to work out my plans for the rest of the year.



It had been one of the best Australian summers I had ever had with my close friends in Oz filled with seemingly endless days at the beach, backyard barbies and countless funny moments. It was enough to make me re-think my plans to head overseas.


Kitesurf at home

I had four options and time was running out to be over-particular with my destination. It came down to working in Serbia and Montenegro, Dominican Republic, Canary Islands or I could continue with university? Actually, there really were only three options. Serbia and Montenegro being the front runner at the time, there was one other place I had seen on the internet but never paid much attention to, a place located almost geographically opposite my location.

Had I a shovel and doug straight down, I would maybe had been only a 15 minute cab ride away. The website unfortunately had all the words in the wrong order although the pictures did look appealing.




Nice Portuguese Spots

Had I a shovel and doug straight down, I would maybe had been only a 15 minute cab ride away. The website unfortunately had all the words in the wrong order although the pictures did look appealing. What the hell, I have nothing to lose. I will send them an email just to see if they speak English.

They wrote back much to my surprise with no strange out of space language in sight.

This company in that far away place was actually looking for a Kitesurf instructor, even though I had not seen their advert, being an English speaker only did not seem to bother them either, and I could also leave at my desired time. Was I about to enter into the underworld of human-trafficking or was this too good to be true?

(to be continued?)

Angus Kitchin

3 Comments:

  • At 16:26, Anonymous Anónimo said…

    "the underworld of human-trafficking" ...Angus...You are so naif!! really! Dou you really think that you came here to be a kitesurf instructor? MUAH AHA HA! I KNOW WANT U DID LAST SUMMER :)

    :):):) hope you´re ok...

     
  • At 12:25, Anonymous Anónimo said…

    Hi mate!

    My God! Are you mad?

    I Want to read the rest...

    cheers!

     
  • At 10:58, Anonymous Anónimo said…

    Rita are you mad??? You know the real reason i came over......it was so Rui could take us to the Hare Krishna Resturant!!! HA LOL atleast i can say i have been to one in Portugal! Nice work on the blog guys i hope your all well. Im cool just hanging around til next summer...GET ME OUT OF THIS WEATHER!!! Speak soon craazy peoples take care

     

Enviar um comentário

<< Home